Thursday, September 3, 2015

GD's Mouth Is Cheap? (Please Take Care of My Refrigerator)

Korean Idiom: His/her mouth is cheap(or light)

Please Take Care of My Refrigerator - one of the most popular cooking variety shows in Korea - happily invited two world stars, G- Dragon(GD) and Taeyang(TY) to its studio (August 31, 2015)

TY and GD are entering the studio.
Kim Sung-ju, one of the two hosts in the show, jokingly asked both of them to reveal each others' one weakness. While worrying about his old friend's image(GD and TY have been friends for 16 years), TY said, "GD... his mouth is really cheap."



When he said that, everyone in the studio laughed out loud.

TY said, "GD... his mouth is really cheap."
♥ Korean Idiom :

a) His/her mouth is cheap ( or light)
meaning : He/she can't keep a secret.
 
b) His/her mouth is heavy. (We don't say, 'his/her mouth is expensive')
meaning : He/she takes a secret to the grave.
 
TY even added, "When you want to let your personal things known to all people around you, you can tell them to GD." 
Listening to what TY said, GD jokingly put flesh on bones of what TY said.

GD said, "When I reveal something to somebody, I usually flesh it out."
 While smiling, GD said, "Although BigBang members already know me, they keep telling me their personal things. It means they want to let them known to others. So I tell them to others. When I tell something, I enjoy telling it interestingly. So I put flesh on the bones."
 
When TY was asked how much time it takes for something known to others, 
TY answered, "About 5 hours?"
 
GD fleshed out what TY said on the spot. 
"As soon as I hear a story, I tell the story," said GD.
 
Thanks to GD and TY, the show began in a friendly mood.
TY and GD are smiling!
After shooting the show, chefs in the studio posted their selfie with GD and TY on their instagram account. They were full of praise for GD and TY. 

Choi Hyun-seok, one of the star chefs in the show, posted his photo with GD and TY on his instagram account and said that GD, and TY had a nice personality as much as they were good-looking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment