Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Meaning of You ( by Sanulrim(original), and by IU)

The Meaning of You
 
One day, when I was tired and exhausted in the office, a text message came to me - like a pleasant present - from one of my coworkers. I appreciated her words of encouragement, and opened the link on it. It was an old song of Sanulrim, "The Meaning of You." While I was listening to this song - its beautiful lyrics as well as sweet melody, I felt at ease and relaxed. It was like a warm hand stroking my tired heart. With a smile spreading across my face, I kept listening to this song. From then on, this song became one of my favorites. Later, I found another version of this song recorded by IU. Her sweet and lovely voice perfectly matches this ballad song. I like both of them!
 

                                           The Meaning of You (sung by SANULRIM)  


                                            The Meaning of You -sung by IU,  feat. Kim Chang-whan(Sanwulrim

The Meaning of You
 
A single word of you, the smile of you
very meaningful to me.
 
Your small eyes,
and your lonely back,
a hard promise for me.
 
Your everything comes to me
and becomes an unsolved riddle.
 
Sorrow blooms as cosmos at the whistle stop,
You're brushing past me like a sweet breeze.
 
Now I'll build a castle on fleecy clouds,
and make a window toward you, an airy window.
 
Translated by MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment